[Enthought-dev] ANNOUNCE: ETS 2.7.0 released!
dpeterson at enthought.com
Tue Feb 26 17:39:08 CST 2008
I'm proud to announce that as of a few minutes ago, ETS 2.7.0 was
released by being tagged in our svn repository and having source eggs
(i.e. tarballs) uploaded to the Enthought egg repository at:
In addition, binary eggs have already been built and uploaded for:
Windows XP i686: ../enstaller/eggs/windows/xp/
Mac OS X 10.5 x86_64: ../enstaller/eggs/macosx/10.5/
Enthought will build this release on a few more platforms (RHEL flavors)
and then update the installation and build instructions provided on the
Enthought wiki at:
In addition, we would be pleased to host binaries built by you for other
platforms -- just ping me to get instructions on how to build
appropriately. As the install instructions are a wiki, you can also
help to craft them for these other platforms, or help to write up how to
build from source. Thanks in advance for any help!
(Some of the) CHANGES FROM 2.6.0 to 2.7.0:
* [Envisage] Fixed numerous examples so that they run again.
* [Envisage] Changed icons to better match downstream licensing policies.
* [ETSConfig] Minor change to allow the Envisage refresh code plugin
to work without raising a traceback.
* [Kiva] Fixed examples so that they run again.
* [Mayavi] Significant documentation improvements.
* [Mayavi] Increased number and reliability of examples.
* [Mayavi] Enabled Mayavi to run outside of an Envisage app. It can
now display also in a Traits UI.
* [Mayavi] Moved enthought.mayavi.tools.mlab to enthought.mayavi.mlab.
* [Mayavi] Exposed modules and filters via mlab.
* [Mayavi] Added full support for tensor visualization.
* [Mayavi] First cut for new options framework.
* [Mayavi] Using new API for adding widgets to a scene.
* [Mayavi] Add the possibility to specify to which scene a source
should be added.
* [Mayavi] Remove wxversioncheck that caused problems in too many cases.
* [Mayavi] Reimplemented VTKFileReader to be a subclass of
VTKXMLFileReader thus making codebase smaller and more consistent but
also allowing reading of OpenFOAM data.
* [Mayavi] Added option to enable/disable the auto updating of ranges
used in contours.
* [Mayavi] Numerous bug fixes and other minor enhancements.
* [PyFace] Fixed full screen TVTK scenes issues. Full screen should
also work with VTK 5.0.3.
* [PyFace] Added new TVTK SceneModel and SceneEditor classes that let
one embed a scene and manipulate it from within a Traits UI.
* [PyFace] Added a configure scene button to the TVTK scene widget so
that users can configure the background and foreground colors, etc.
* [PyFace] Added a new TVTK SceneEditor that supports actors and 3D
* [PyFace] Removed SimpleScene from the standard api.py module since
it is not commonly used and generates unnecessary warnings.
* [PyFace] Refactored the TVTK actor_editor and actor_model into
separate modules to facilitate easier porting to PyFace 3.
* [PyFace] Fixed splitwidget to work with wxPython 2.8.
* [Traits] Added an auto_close_message function and corresponding UI
* [TVTK] Added support for local VTK classes that a user may have built.
* [TVTK] First cut at a meaningful README.
* [TVTK] Fixed bug with DataExtent being treated as a state method.
* [TVTK] Fixed a problem with unnecessary overloading of certain
traits and methods.
* [TVTK] Updated dependencies so that TVTK works with in-development
versions of Traits 3 and PyFace 3.
More information about the Enthought-Dev